Australian Working Holiday Visa (417 & 462)
The Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) is a temporary visa for young people aged 18-30 who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. You must be outside Australia when you apply for your first Working Holiday visa and when the visa is decided.
If you apply in Australia, you must be in Australia when the visa is granted. If you apply outside Australia, you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
With the Working Holiday Visa, you are required to work at least six months with one employer.
To be eligible for the Working Holiday Visa (417), you must:
- Have not previously entered Australia on a Work and Holiday (Temporary) Visa (subclass 462);
- Hold a valid passport from a country involved in the Working Holiday Program with Australia;
- Have turned 18 years of age but have not yet turned 31;
- Show you are a genuine visitor who wants to have a holiday in Australia;
- Have enough money to support yourself on a working holiday (about AUD 5,000);
- Have enough money to buy a return or onward travel ticket at the end of your stay;
- Will not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay;
- Meet health and character requirements;
- Have private health cover, and…
- No outstanding debts to the Australian government.
To apply for a second Working Holiday (Temporary) Visa (subclass 417), you must:
- Have complied with all the conditions on your first Working Holiday Visa;
- Have not previously held more than one Working Holiday Visa.
Please contact Mobile Migration Consultancy for the full eligibility details of the Second Working Holiday Visa.
The new Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462) arrangement between Australia and Israel commenced on 1 June 2016 and applications can now be lodged. The arrangement allows up to 500 young Australians and Israelis per year to have an extended holiday of up to 12 months in each other’s countries, during which they might undertake short-term work and study.
The Work and Holiday (Temporary) Visa (subclass 462) is a temporary visa for young people aged 18-30 who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year.
Contact Mobile Migration Consultancy for full eligibility details of the Work & Holiday Visas (417 or 462).